This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to one year. The Australian Embassy in Vietnam processes Work and Holiday visa applications for persons who hold Vietnamese passports.
Under the Vietnam/Australia Work and Holiday program an annual limit of 200 Work and Holiday visas are available each year. Once all visas have been allocated, there will be no new visa grants until the following visa programme year.
Interest and demand for visas under this program is typically very high and it is recommended that applicants should prepare their visa applications early to avoid disappointment.
You may be eligible for a Work and Holiday visa if you:
- are over 18 years of age and have not turned 31 years of age at the time of applying for the visa; and
- hold a valid Vietnamese passport; and
- have applications accompanied by a Letter of Recommendation from the Department of Overseas Labour
- have not previously held a Working Holiday (417) or Work and Holiday (462) visa; and
- have functional English; and
- have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (at least AUD $5000) and a return ticket, or enough money to purchase a return ticket; and
- hold a degree, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
More information on eligibility and a document checklist, please refer click here.